Teaching and Learning at Home
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
David O. McKay
TEACHING AND LEARNING AT HOME LINKS
- GreatSchools, Science Worksheets, preK-5th
- Scholastic, Science Printables for ALL Ages
- Siemens STEM Day, science activities for all grade levels
- "Hands-on STEM Activities for all grade levels"
- 32 Cool Science Experiments for Kids (that are Fun AND Easy!)
Math Websites for Parents and Students
- NWEA, Parent Strategies for Improving Their Child's Math
- United States Department of Education, Helping your child learn mathematics with the home activities
- ...at the grocery store activities
- ...on the go activities
- ...for the fun of it activities
- Summer math activities for kids
- Home school math
- Free math help (more geared toward secondary)
- Kidzone math, free printable math worksheets, preschool - grade 5
- K5 Learning, free math worksheets, kindergarten - grade 6
- Google Earth is an excellent website, also available as an app, to see geographical and cultural sites and be something of an explorer.
- WeARETeachers, these are some of the best social studies websites for kids and teens: lessons, virtual museum tours, virtual field trips, and games and simulations.
Free Printable Worksheets
- Planes and Balloons, printable worksheets for kindergarten
- Education.com, free worksheets and printables for kids, preschool - fifth grade, Fine Arts - Math - Reading and Writing - Science - Social Studies
- teAchnology, Printables and Worksheets, Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, and more, grades pre-K- Eighth Grade
- TLS Books, Educational Worksheets, Preschool - sixth grade, Language Arts, Geography, History, Math, Science, Spelling, and much more
- IXL, Learning Activities for all grade levels, Math - Language Arts - Science - Social Studies
TEACHING AND LEARNING AT HOME PDFs
Scheduling in the Home Environment PDFs
Talking About Coronavirus With Children
Crisis Text Line is the FREE, 24/7, confidential text message service for people in crisis. Text HOME to 741741 in the United States. Every texter is connected with a Crisis Counselor, a real-live human being trained to bring texters from a hot moment to a cool calm through active listening and collaborative problem solving.
Talking About Coronavirus With Children PDFs
Lessons Learned - One Pagers
PPT with Videos