Region 16 Education Service Center
Executive Director Opening
Application Deadline: June 7, 2021
The Texas Panhandle consists of 61 school districts and three charter schools with 226 campuses in a 26,000 square mile area. Amarillo is the economic and geographic center of the Panhandle. Region 16 school districts have an average daily attendance of over 82,000 students, with individual districts ranging from fewer than 50 to more than 32,000 students and the total regional school staff numbering more than 11,400.
Region 16 Education Service Center is committed to a partnership with our clients in the delivery of quality services and programs. Region 16 ESC collaborates and partners with many educational and non-educational organizations in and out of Region 16, to promote and contribute to educational
Services provided include professional development for school board member, administrator, teachers, and parents. Region 16 ESC believes that quality professional development impacts and improves student performance and education attainment for all panhandle students. The center provides technical assistance services in all areas of state and federal grant programs, student and business software support, internet and video services, school business services, among others.
Region 16 also coordinates the regional Head Start, Early Head Start and Early Childhood Intervention programs for the Texas Panhandle.
Vision: Region 16 Education Service Center will be an indispensable part of the educational community.
Mission: Enhancing student success by providing quality services.
Role of the Executive Director:
Serves as chief administrator of Region 16 Education Service Center and performs all duties and functions required
by the ESC 16 Board of Directors and the Commissioner of Education. The Executive Director organizes and supervises
staff and manages public funds to ensure that high levels of quality programs and services are delivered to ESC 16 clients.
The Executive Director of Region 16 provides leadership for the development and delivery of programs and services to:
1. Recruit, support and retain teachers and principals.
2. Build a foundation in reading and math.
3. Connect high school to career and college.
4. Improve low performing schools.
5. Increase academic and financial performance through effective use of resources and partnerships.
Qualifications & Characteristics
• Successful experience as a Superintendent preferred
• Strong background in school finance
• Service oriented and servant leader
• Visionary leader and strategic planner
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Understand the importance of the role of ESC's in Texas and
advocate for panhandle school districts and their unique needs
• Demonstrate a strong commitment to student achievement and
• Commitment to providing high quality products and services
to regional districts
• Ability to handle complex leadership efforts
• Strong understanding of TEA operations
• Ability to navigate the legislative landscape
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with superintendents,
staff and state partners
• Belief that all Texas students can achieve at high levels and are
able to succeed in college, career or the military
• Accessible to all stakeholders
• Good understanding of small school district needs
Physical and Mental Demands
• Able to withstand long working hours
• Extensive in region and state travel
• Readily accessible to respond to district emergencies outside
of traditional work hours
Vacancy Announced: May 7, 2021
Application Deadline: June 7, 2021
Interviews: June 23 - June 30, 2021
Selection Announcement: June/July 2021
Preferred Start Date: August 2, 2021
Compensation: Competitive salary and
Application Materials & Process
• Letter of intent
• Current Resume
• One page summary on the importance of
service centers in supporting strong student,
school, and district outcomes
• Five (5) professional letters of recommendation
Submit materials electronically by June 7, 2021 to:
AESA Search Consultant
Questions regarding the search process or position qualifications may be directed to :
John Bass, Search Consultant
Association of Educational Service Agencies
5800 Bell Street | Amarillo, TX 79109-6230
Phone: 806-677-5000 | Fax: 806-677-5001
Copyright © 2016 - Education Service Center 16