Open Enrollment FAQs
1. When is open enrollment?
August 1, 2019 through August 15, 2019
2. How will I complete open enrollment?
You will go to the website at http://www.mybenefitshub.com/region16. Your username will be your ESC email address, and your password will be your last name plus the last 4 digits of your social security number.
3. Who do I call if I have questions about my benefits or need help with open enrollment?
The call center for the ESC benefits HUB is available Monday-Thursday 8:00-5:30 and Friday 8:00-3:00. The number to call is (866) 914-5202. You may also contact Franki Lee at x5063.
4. If I’m not making any changes to my benefits, do I have to re-enroll?
Yes. Current benefits will expire August 31, 2019, so you must re-enroll for the new year.
5. Will I receive new cards for my medical insurance this year?
If you are enrolled in FirstCare, you will receive a new card.
You will not receive a new card if you are a current enrollee for Aetna unless you make changes to your plan. All new enrollees will receive cards.
6. What do I need to do if my spouse works for another district and I have a split-premium?
You must complete a new split application this year. Contact Franki Lee to request a new application.
7. Can I enroll in MEDlink with either of the ESC’s medical plans?
8. How do I sign up for a 403B?
You need to complete a Salary Reduction Form. This form, along with the approved vendor list, can be found at www.nbsbenefits.com\non-erisa-403b-forms. You can either fax your Salary Reduction Form to (800) 597-8206 or return it to Franki Lee in Human Resources.
9. How do I make changes to my insurance plans after open enrollment?
You are only allowed to make changes if you have a Qualified Life Event (QLE), such as marriage, divorce, birth or adoption of a child, or job status change.
10. I was hired last month and just signed up for benefits as a new hire. Do I have to enroll again for 2019-2020?
Yes, you will need to enroll again for benefits.
11. Do I need to enroll in TeleHealth through MDLive if I have a medical plan?
If you have FirstCare, MDLive is included with your plan with no additional charges when calling. You do not need to enroll in Telehealth unless you wish to cover dependents that are not on your medical plan.
If you have Aetna, Teledoc Physician Services are available, and the cost varies according to your plan. If you have ActiveCare 1-HD, there is a $40 consultation fee for each call. If you have ActiveCare Select, the plan pays 100%. You may want to consider enrolling in MD Live if you are enrolled in ActiveCare 1-HD or if you wish to cover dependents that are not on your medical plan.
12. What are the annual maximums for the Medical FSA and Dependent Care FSA?
The annual maximum for the Medical FSA is $2,700 and the Dependent Care FSA maximum is $5,000.
13. How do I receive my dental and vision cards?
For your vision card, you can visit https://portal.superiorvision.com/account/login/member. You will need to create an account. The member ID is your social security number with no dashes.
For your dental card, you can come by Human Resources to pick up a card from Franki Lee.
5800 Bell Street | Amarillo, TX 79109-6230
Phone: 806-677-5000 | Fax: 806-677-5001
Copyright © 2016 - Education Service Center 16