Career and Technical Education (CTE)
Career and Technical Education is rigorous and relevant content that guides students to high-skill, high-wage, high-demand careers. Career and Technical Education in high school lays the solid foundation necessary for students to be successful in postsecondary educational institutions. This is achieved through a coherent sequence of courses. CTE is for every student who will have a career after high school!
Our Support Services:
- Serve as liaison between TEA and districts in providing technical assistance needed by districts to achieve quality CTE programs, enhancement of academic and technical knowledge and skills, quality career counseling and guidance activities, teacher certification activities, and career and technical education student organizations.
- Provide technical assistance to districts on all areas of CTE including Carl D. Perkins grant application and implementation process, Perkins Performance Indicators and CCMR indicators under A-F Accountability.
- Coordinate and provide for CTE professional development activities for teachers, administrators, curriculum specialists, and teacher educators.
- Disseminate educational resources to districts.
- Establish and maintain communications among districts colleges, universities, workforce development boards, and the TEA CTE staff.
- Provide activities to promote student enrollment in non-traditional courses and increase awareness and understanding of non-traditional careers.
Career and Technical Education Program Management Resources
- Chapter 75, Subchapter BB Rules Concerning CTE
- Chapter 74, Subchapter B Graduation Requirements
- CTE Program Management Calendar Sample
- Annual Notice of Nondiscrimination in CTE Programs
- CTE Safety Evaluation Checklist Form Sample
- Student Attendance Accounting Handbook
- TSDS Data Standards
- New CTE Student Indicator Codes
- CTE Autocoding Resources
- PEIMS Course Code Table C022
CTE Courses and Training Resources
- Texas CTE Resource Center
- Advance CTE
- Statewide Approved Programs of Study
- Tech Apps Courses Moved to CTE List
- Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) for Career & Technical Education
- Core Academic CTE Courses
- PD for Core Academic CTE Courses and WBL
- Innovative Courses
- Nontraditional Courses
- Career Preparation and Practicum Courses
CTE Teacher Certifications
Professional CTE Organizations
- Career and Technology Association of Texas (CTAT)
- Family and Consumer Sciences Teachers Association (FCSTAT)
- Hospitality Educators Association of Texas (HEAT)
- Texas Business and Technology Educators Association (TBTEA)
- Texas Health Occupations Association, Inc. (THOA)
- Texas Industrial Vocational Association (TIVA)
- Texas Technology & Engineering Educators (TTEE)
- Agriculture Teachers Association of Texas (ATAT)
- Association for Career & Technical Education (ACTE)
- American Association of Family & Consumer Sciences (AAFCS)
- International Technology and Engineering Educators Association
- National Association of Agricultural Educators
- National Business Education Association (NBEA)
- National Consortium for Health Science
Career & Technical Student Organizations (CTSOs)
- Business Professionals of America (BPA)
- Texas DECA
- Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA)
- Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA)
- Future Farmers of America (FFA)
- Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA)
- Texas Association of Future Educators (TAFE)
- Technology Student Association (TSA)